Health and safety are our number one priority! Here is an insight into the health and safety approach that we have taken this school year (‘20-’21). More detailed information will be available to parents this summer in regard to what next school year will look like.
The Nest’s plan is best described as layered (or as one health expert called it) “the safety lasagna.” Each layer provides greater protection from transmission and all layers of protection are used simultaneously whenever feasible. Each lowers our risk of transmission within our community. Layers include:
- 6 ft radius of Physical Distancing
- Required mask-wearing indoors & outdoors with mask breaks provided throughout the day
- Stable Groupings to limit exposure and aide contact tracing
- Based on enrollment, stable groups may be broken up into smaller pods.
- Cleaning and Hand Hygiene throughout the day
- Ventilation and use outdoor space
- Screening and Health Protocols
- Community Commitments inside and outside school
The Nest, working closely with the Wheeler School Healthy Task Force, will continue to follow local and state guidelines to help guide us in our decision-making process. Parents will be provided with updated health information before the start of the ’21-’22 school year.